1. what are some predominately shared values of this group? (broadly in life, not politics) Family respect, Honor. Respect for life and the body, discipline/dedication, respect for their elders and their wisdom.
2. what political policies/issues are particularly important to this demographic in this election? why? IMMIGRATION: Giving their family members who are foreigners a chance at a life and opportunity in the united states. HEALTH CARE: Helping maintain care for family and loved ones., EDUCATION: Knowing their children are offered a great public education to be successful in the future. RACE RELATIONS: even though known one likes racism, it still happens every where and bridge the gap between cultures and feeling safe in America no matter the color of ones skin. INTERNATIONAL TRADE: because a lot of imported goods say for example Asia can be raised so more American products will sell. And if their main business in America suffers due to the taxation on imports, that could hurt a business severely.
3. are there any cultural references your demographic identifies with? what? Martial Arts(TKD, Karate, etc.) (Bruce Lee) Action fighting movies (Jackie Chan),(Jet-Li). Ping Pong. Art, Food( sushi/steakhouse), technology, architecture, Foreign Cars, Religion (Buddha), Tattoos.
4. what does their graphic landscape look like? (this is sometimes called a "visual audit") put another way, assemble a range of designed artifacts that are targeted toward this group - packages, posters, companies, logos, publications, etc.
5. including the aiga document and other sources, what are the issues cited for this group not voting? 6,000,000 none voters and top 5 reasons: -Too busy; conflicting schedule -Out of town -Not interested -Voter registration problems -Illness on disability
I have learned and gained a better understanding and perspective of how storyboarding, animations, and narratives are told and how to go about telling a narrative through a series of frames. In this project I have also learned how to ride a freebord and how to assemble one frontwards and backwards. Also through my process and viewing my classmates work I know that narratives can be told many ways depending on the narrator. In the beginning I enjoyed experimenting with different methods of depicting my two actions through drawing, collageing, thinking outside the box with metaphors and photography which was my choice of medium in the end. After choosing photography, I learned that editing is key into creating a good narrative. Changing the pace in a narrative by increasing and decreasing frames between scenes, transitioning between actions and actions and scenes to scenes can make the viewer or audience become engaged and in your narrative, especially when they are forced to use their imagination when I story doesn’t tell you everything.